Ragging in any form is totally prohibited inside and outside the campus of Camellia School of Engineering & Technology. It is the objective of every member of Camellia School of Engineering & Technology community consisting of the Management, Faculty and Staff members and as well as all students and their parents/guardians to make the College a 'ragging free' Institution, thus ensuring a serene atmosphere conducive to learning and growth.
The College is committed to follow all Regulations and Guidelines promulgated by the AICTE and other higher authorities from time to time. The college will not permit or condone any incident of ragging in any form and will take all necessary and required measures to achieve the objective of eliminating ragging, within the institution or outside. The College will follow the AICTE Regulations on curbing the menace of ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009 and take stringent action against those found guilty of ragging and/or abetting ragging, actively or passively, or being part of a conspiracy to promote ragging, in accordance with these and other Regulations in force.
What constitutes Ragging?
As defined by the AICTE, Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:-
1. Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student;
2. Indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student;
3. Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student;
4. Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher;
5. Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
6. Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students;
7. Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
8. Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student ;
Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student